Customize your Higher Logic Community platform with public and private facing legislative action centers.
- Educate, mobilize and engage members to take action in one place.
- Access to both state & federal legislation.
- Measure & monitor member sentiment.
- Monitor & track legislation to keep everyone up to date and ready to act.
- Manage a knowledgebase to educate members.
- Connect members with accurate lawmaker contact information.
- Automate grassroots advocacy email campaigns to legislators. Measure grassroots advocacy for media, presentations, and reports
Do all of these things in one, centralized location! If your members are already in the community its now even easier to get them to engage and take action!Together, Votility and Higher Logic can help you educate and mobilize members about the proposed or pending legislation that directly impacts their lives in a safe and secure community environment.
Learn how you can increase member engagement with the Votility–Higher Logic partnership.
Fill out the form to view the live demo site and to receive a personalized demonstration for you and your team.
The Higher Logic™ Community Platform is the industry-leading, cloud-based community platform, with over 25 million engaged members in more than 200,000 communities. Organizations worldwide bring people together in secure communities designed to ignite knowledge sharing, drive content creation and solve problems. The independent platform easily integrates with the most popular Customer Relationship Management and Association Management Systems.
The Votility Action Alert Modules can now be embedded within the Higher Logic™ secure Community platform, enabling organizations to educate members on specific proposed and pending legislation at the federal, state, and even local level and allowing members to take action on the issue from within their community. The Votility Single Sign On (SSO) technology will enable members to be seamlessly matched with their specific legislators and to engage them directly on policy issues by sending an email, letter, or through social media.